Well, March begins tomorrow which means Spring is hopefully near. I'm waiting for my Cricut Explore to arrive. I'm anxious to see how well it cuts SVGs! Speaking of Spring, I participated in a Spring Flower Swap with some of my fellow Cricut Circlets.
The object was to make a Spring flower using our Cricut machines about 3"-5" in size. It had to have layers and some embellishments. Each participant needed to make 20 items, either all different or all the same. Below are some photos of the process as I made my items. I wanted to do something a bit out-of the-box than just a flower. I shipped my swap items yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else did!
I have extra supplies after making my 20 fans, so I can make a video on how I assemble them. I'll have the video posted on YouTube early next week! Next week, if not this weekend I'll have some SVG designs that I'll have up on YT and the blog!
I used the "Pagoda" Cricut cartridge for this project. This is the back layer of the fan, cut and ready to be lifted off the mat.
To help speed up the cutting process, I use a 12" x 24" Cricut mat to load a couple 12" x 12" pages of glitter cardstock.
Here is my Cricut Expression 2 in action. It's cutting out the front layer of the fan out of the blue, glitter cardstock. The fans measure at 5 1/2" across.
This is after everything was cut, by my Cricut. I cut the top layer in two different shades of blue, glitter cardstock. All the cardstock I used was from DCWV. The 3M/Scotch Quick-Dry glue works well for this project. I absolutely LOVE this glue!
With the layers of the fan glued together, it was time to start adding the flowers. I wanted to layer the purple flower with yellow. I used my Xyron sticker maker to turn the yellow flower into stickers.
I just love using glitter cardstock! I think for the fans, it adds a nice, elegant touch.
This is the purple & yellow flower layers together. I love using my Xyron! :)
My fans are nearly complete! I decided to do a little more layering with the pink and orange flowers. I glued on flat-back gems to the center of each flower as a final. :)
Here they are, all done! This is just two of them; there were ten in each fan color. I hope you enjoyed. I had so much fun making these fans.
I'll be organizing my craft room this weekend. My ScrapRack storage supplies arrived today. Yay! I wish everyone a blessed and crafty day!